Winter's here, and it's the perfect time for a bowl of hearty warm pumpkin soup.
This recipe is from my talented husband who was a chef in a former life and trust me when I say you're going to love it!
1 x Butternut Pumpkin
2 x Large Sweet Potatoes
1 x Carrot
2 x Onion
2 x Garlic Cloves
2 x Cardamoms Pods
2lt Vegetable Stock
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Himalayan Salt & Ground Pepper
1. Peel pumpkin and sweet potato.
2. Cut pumpkin, potato, carrot, onion & garlic into roasting sizes.
3. Season vegetables with olive oil, salt & pepper (to taste).
4. Place in roasting dish with cardamom pods.
5. Roast vegetables in 200° fan-forced oven until golden brown and caramelised (this makes them sweet).
6. Combine roasted vegetables and stock in a large pot and bring to the boil.
7. Simmer for 10min.
8. Puree ingredients with hand mixer until you reach a creamy consistency.
9. Garnish with fresh chives.
10. Bon appétit!